An Attorney Owned and Operated Title Company in Destin
25,000+ Completed Real Estate Transactions
Voted Best in Destin Title Company for 2022
With You From Contract to Closing
Experienced – Reliable – Authentic
At Emerald Coast Title Services, we are committed to helping homeowners, homebuyers, sellers, real estate agents, and lenders complete their closing process as quickly and smoothly as possible, while also being cost-effective. Our attorneys, licensed title agents, and examiners are highly qualified to handle all aspects of the closing process. Further, our ALTA certification shows that we maintain the highest level of Best Practices for your closing. Our Destin title company has the experience and the professionalism you need to provide you the protection you expect.
What is a For Sale by Owner (FSBO)?
A FSBO means that the owner is selling the property without the help of a listing agent or broker.
FSBOs usually fall into one of two categories:
- The buyer and seller know each other. If you are selling to a family member or friend, you might find it easy to sell without an agent.
- The seller wants to save money and try to go at it alone. This includes listing, marketing, and showing the home, as well as negotiating the terms of the contract and organizing all repairs and documentation required to get the transaction to closing.
Drawbacks of Selling Your Home Yourself
There are some drawbacks to selling your home yourself. Many home sellers try to FSBO their home at first and end up hiring a professional after a while. Unless you have an extensive background in real estate, you might not be able to effectively handle all of the aspects of getting the home ready to stage for viewings, setting a fair price, marketing the home, negotiating the terms of the contract and other details. One of the biggest drawbacks is that you do not have access to the community of real estate agents with ready to go buyers, as a professional Realtor would have access to. There have also been many studies that show that homes sold with the help of a Realtor sell for 6%-10% higher price than homes that are sold without the expertise of a Realtor.
Next Steps After Contract is Complete
The first thing that needs to happen is the buyer needs to place a loan application with a lender and get their earnest money deposit in to the escrow agent. All inspections will need to be scheduled and any items that may be needed such as a survey, elevation certificate, or home warranty will need to get ordered. Be sure to give us a call to make sure we have all documentation we need from you to get the title work in order.
Let Emerald Coast Title Services in Destin Work for You
If you are looking to purchase a home and do not know where to begin, we understand how important it is to have an idea of what to expect. When you decide to purchase a home or other type of property, it is a very exciting time. However, it can also be confusing and a little scary if you are not prepared for how things progress.
A title company helps to ensure:
- The property you are interested in buying is legally owned by the seller.
- No other parties have a claim to the property.
- Your paperwork is complete to ensure that you will become the new owner of the property.
For Destin title companies, there is a four-part closing process utilized for every property that is for sale.
- Information Gathering: This is the detailed information about each buyer and seller that is necessary to begin the closing process. Where once you were looking at mounds of paperwork, now this process is automated and computerized. Buyers and sellers review each document and sign where needed. It is vitally important that all information is included and correct to ensure that your property rights are established properly.
- Title Research: This is where a search of property records is done in the county and state where the property is located. Title searches routinely go back 30 years. It checks for liens and any restrictions on the use of the property. A commitment is then created, which is issued to the buyer. An added policy of title insurance is issued after the closing takes place.
- Document Preparation and Closing Deeds: Mortgages, lien affidavits and closing statements are all prepared by your closing agent, attorneys and/or lenders. The closing is usually held in an office setting with both the buyer and seller present. Today, many transactions can be conducted by mail and even email. It is at the closing that the title to the property is transferred from one owner to another. Loan papers, deeds and other documents are prepared, signed and filed with local property record offices.
- Disbursement and Recording: Once the closing has taken place, the buyer’s funds are deposited and liens and other items necessary to clear the title are paid and removed from all documentation. There are different fees, taxes, and commissions that the closing agent then disburses. The deed is then recorded in the County Clerk’s office and entered into public record.
Why Choose Emerald Coast Title Services?
Our services include:
- Title Services
- Closing Services & Title Insurance
- Escrow Services
- For Sale by Owner (FSBO) Contract Assistance
- 1031 Exchanges
In addition, our Destin title company partners with:
- Realtors: After many years of client support, the professionals at Emerald Coast Title Services know how to make your life stress free. We know how to make each transaction process go smoothly. We are here to assist you in any way we can to help you receive that final settlement as quickly as possible.
- Lenders: Our experienced team has assisted lenders and their customers for over three decades. Our Destin lawyer-run title company can help you with refinances, construction funding, money mortgages, and credit lines. When you partner with us, we can help to negotiate for you so that your transactions remain secure.
- Buyers and Sellers: From the initial documents that contain your personal information, our knowledgeable team of licensed attorneys, title agents and examiners, utilize the latest technology to ensure that your contract closing experience is timely and proceeds smoothly from the start to the closing table.
When searching for a title company in Destin, you want to know that your most important asset will only be handled by experts. At Emerald Coast Title Services, we are an attorney-run company. We have been in business since 1983 and have completed tens of thousands of real estate transactions all across the beautiful Emerald Coast and 30A area.
Why Choosing the Right Destin Title Company Matters
Our history speaks for itself. Our Destin title company welcomes you and we look forward to working with you. We offer our clients and partners the highest quality service because you are our priority. Our ALTA (American Land Title Association) certification helps to ensure that we implement best practices for every closing.
Ready to start? Contact our Destin office for the outstanding service you deserve.
Please click on our Contract Assistant here to get started.