Since 1969, the Realtors Political Action Committee (RPAC) has promoted the election of pro-realtor candidates across the United States. The purpose of RPAC is that voluntary contributions made by realtors are used to help elect candidates who understand and support their interests. The RPAC and other political fundraising are the keys to protecting and promoting the real estate industry.
RPAC is involved in both state and national initiatives that relate to the real estate industry. Here are a few examples of initiatives that RPAC has worked on:
- Hometown Heroes Lending Legislation
- Realtors Included as Essential Workers (2020)
- Realtors Included in Application for BP Oil Spill Restoration Money
- Short-Term Rental & Property Rights
- Putting Levels on Property Tax and Dock Stamps
- DOJ Lawsuits against the National Association of Realtors
- Buyer’s Agent Commissions
Even if you don’t have a seat at the table, somebody is in there fighting for you every single day thanks to RPAC. From the ground to closing, the government is involved in the transaction of selling a house. There is so much that goes on in the background where people are fighting for us to be able to continue to work in this industry.
How to Join RPAC:
Invest in your profession by making your $20 fair share contribution today! Visit emeraldcoastrealtors.com/invest
Information sourced from https://www.nar.realtor/rpac
Have questions about RPAC and how it is beneficial to realtors? Listen to our recent podcast episode that dives further into the committee with special guest Cathy Alley!